Space Foundation Press Release
Secretary of the Air Force Heather Wilson to Speak at 34th Space Symposium
Written by: developer
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (Oct. 12, 2017) – For its 34th year, the Space Foundation’s Space Symposium will bring together leaders of the civil, commercial and defense space sectors from more than 30 spacefaring nations to discuss and shape the future of space.
The Secretary of the U.S. Air Force, The Honorable Heather A. Wilson, will be the keynote speaker for the Symposium’s Corporate Partnership Dinner on April 17. Tickets for the dinner are available at www.spacesymposium.org/.
The 34th Space Symposium will be held April 16-19, 2018, at The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA. Other early confirmed featured speakers include:
- Elżbieta Bieńkowska, European Commissioner for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs, European Commission
- LTG James H. Dickinson, USA, Commanding General, USASMDC/ARSTRAT
- Dr. Pascale Ehrenfreund, Chair, German Aerospace Center (DLR) Executive Board
- Sylvain Laporte, President, Canadian Space Agency
- Jean-Yves Le Gall, President, Centre National d’Etudes Spatiales (CNES)
- Dr. Francisco Javier Mendieta-Jimenez, General Director, Mexican Space Agency
- Gen. John W. “Jay” Raymond, USAF, Commander, Air Force Space Command
- Dr. Johann-Dietrich Wörner, Director General, European Space Agency (ESA)
The four-day Symposium will celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Space Foundation’s Space Technology Hall of Fame®, with three events recognizing induction of life-changing space-related technologies. Other highlights of the 34th Space Symposium will include:
- Ball Aerospace Exhibit Center and expanded Pavilion, with nearly 200 displays of the latest in space technology, products and services
- A globally focused agenda with more than 100 top civil and military space leaders from the U.S. and abroad slated to speak
- Targeted workshops for New Generation space professionals, age 35 and younger, with multiple networking events
- Technical Track presentations, with forward-thinking experts sharing perspectives in their respective fields
- The Women’s Global Gathering, focusing on the accomplishments of, and opportunities for, women in the space industry
- Presentation of prestigious awards, including the General James E. Hill Lifetime Space Achievement Award, the Alan Shepard Technology in Education Award, the John L. “Jack” Swigert, Jr., Award for Space Exploration, the Space Achievement Award and Douglas S. Morrow Public Outreach Award
- The return of two classified events, with compelling presentations
Visit www.SpaceSymposium.org for complete conference information and secure online registration. A discount is now in effect for registration paid by Jan. 19, 2018. The discount is the lowest rate that will be offered on standard industry registration, and does not apply to contractors who work for, or with, the government or military.
About the Space Foundation
Founded in 1983, the Space Foundation is the world’s premier organization to inspire, educate, connect, and advocate on behalf of the global space community. It is a nonprofit leader in space awareness activities, educational programs, and major industry events, including the annual Space Symposium. Space Foundation headquarters is in Colorado Springs, Colo., USA, and has a public Discovery Center, including El Pomar Space Gallery, Northrop Grumman Science Center featuring Science On a Sphere® and the Lockheed Martin Space Education Center. The Space Foundation has a Washington, D.C., office and field representatives in Houston, Los Angeles and the Florida Space Coast. It publishes The Space Report: The Authoritative Guide to Global Space Activity, and through its Space CertificationTM and Space Technology Hall of Fame® programs, recognizes space-based innovations that have been adapted to improve life on Earth. Visit both of our websites – www.SpaceFoundation.org and DiscoverSpace.org – and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+, Flickr and YouTube, and read our e-newsletter Space Watch.
# # #
Space Foundation contact:
Carol Hively, Director – Public Relations & Team Communications
Posted in Space Foundation Press Release