Space Certification Program
Space Certification Promotes Space Technology
Written by: developer
The Space Foundation builds awareness of the benefits of space through our Space Certification™ program, which demonstrates how space technologies improve life on Earth and makes space more interesting and accessible to everyone.
Products and services that display the Space Certification seal are guaranteed to have stemmed from, or been dramatically improved by, technologies originally developed for space exploration or to have significant impact in teaching people about the value of space utilization.
Developed and administered by the Space Foundation, the Space Certification program serves three purposes:
- Providing a unique marketing edge for Space Certification partners
- Demonstrating to the public how space technologies now improve life on Earth
- Making space knowledge more interesting and accessible to everyone
There are three classifications of Space Foundation Certified Products:
- Certified Technology Products – Products or services that directly result from space technology or space program development or advances in space technology
- Certified Educational Products – Products used in educational environments to stimulate interest in and knowledge about space
- Certified Imagination Products – Entertainment products, games or toys that increase interest in and excitement for space and inspire new generations to take an active interest in space
Pictured: A display of Certified Technology Products at the Space Foundation Discovery Center in Colorado Springs
This article is part of Space Watch: November 2015 (Volume: 14, Issue: 11).
Posted in Space Certification Program