Apply Now to Become a Teacher Liaison
The Space Foundation is now accepting applications for its 2013 flight of Teacher Liaisons. This will be the 10th year of this prestigious, nationally recognized program that provides an honored few educators numerous benefits and privileges, helps strengthen their teaching skills, builds resumes and influences education at a national level. There is no fee to apply, or membership cost. Click here to apply online for the 2013 program by Dec. 14.
PreK-20 teachers and other professional or informal educators in the PreK-20 arena are eligible to be Space Foundation Teacher Liaisons. Teacher Liaisons tend to be Master Teachers who want to inspire the next generation of students to pursue and excel in the areas of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). Teacher Liaisons do not need to be science or math teachers; they need only to have a desire to integrate space education within their curriculum.
Space Foundation Teacher Liaisons serve as active links between the Space Foundation, NASA and their schools and school districts. This influential role includes numerous benefits, privileges and activities such as special recognition during the 29th National Space Symposium, to be held at The Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs, Colo., April 8-11, 2013. Benefits include:
- COMPLIMENTARY 29th National Space Symposium registration, a $1,895 value
- COMPLIMENTARY admission to the Lockheed Martin exhibit center at the 29th National Space Symposium
- Specialized training and instruction at Space Foundation workshops with optional graduate-level credit
- National recognition as an advocate in promoting and improving space and science education through standards-based lesson plans, training, and NASA activities
- Cutting-edge space education materials
- Communication with top educators from across the country
- Access to the Teacher Liaison online forums
- A special logo shirt worn only by Space Foundation Teacher Liaisons
- "First" opportunities to attend special presentations, such as an Audience with an Astronaut or tours of space exhibits, to participate in program pilots or course evaluations
See a photo gallery of Teacher Liaison workshops at the 28th National Space Symposium here.
Additional information is available by contacting Amy Robinson at [email protected] or by calling +1.719.576.8000 or +1.800.691.4000.
Teacher Liaisons are selected by a panel comprising representatives from the space and military industries and experienced Teacher Liaisons.