Receptionist (Part-Time, Saturdays Only)
The part-time Saturday Receptionist is responsible for greeting and interacting with all Space Foundation customers, internal and external. The part-time Saturday Receptionist also greets and interacts with visitors to the Space Foundation Discovery Center (SFDC), and works with volunteer(s) who may be scheduled to assist in the SFDC in admissions, light security or on the gallery floor.
The regular work schedule for the part-time Saturday Receptionist is every Saturday from 9:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M., with only occasional exceptions.
The following briefly describes representative responsibilities of this job, but it is not intended to be a complete or all-inclusive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of this position:
- Provides excellent customer service and a welcoming atmosphere to our customers;
- Greets visitors promptly, informatively, enthusiastically and respectfully;
- Collects visitors' admissions fees using point of sale system (cash, credit/debit cards and/or travelers’ checks, and accurately reconciles all receipts at the end of each day;
- Collect demographics data, including number of visitors and home zip code of each;
- Directs visitors to SFDC gallery entrance and provides helpful guidance to visitors, such as where restrooms are located, where special attractions are located, and locations/times of any special events;
- Provides support on various special projects that do not require departure from the reception desk, such as mail merges and mailings, index tabs and/or file preparation, typing/transcription, data entry support, etc.;
- May occasionally answer incoming calls and assist callers by directing calls to voicemail and/or transcribing messages to be emailed to team members; and
- Performs other duties and/or projects as may be assigned.
The following briefly describes knowledge, skills, abilities and characteristics associated with this position, including any required experience, education, licensure, certification, or combination thereof:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience at a reception desk is required.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook email and calendar applications, is required.
- Excellent command of the English language, with outstanding oral and written communication skills, is required.
A comfortable, polished manner when speaking to our customers is essential. The part-time Saturday Receptionist must have a professional attitude and appearance, the ability to cope with stressful situations, and the flexibility to interact with a wide variety of people, including distinguished visitors. Also of importance are the abilities to multi-task and to be mindful of details (particularly when those details must be noted and passed on to others).